A Certificate of Insurance (cert) is required if you are shooting off campus or getting equipment off campus. Before the Risk Management office will issue a Certificate of Insurance to anyone (permit office, vendor, property owner, etc.) you must submit a copy of your (signed or initialed by FilmLA staff) permit application to UHall 4900. Risk Management will not release certificates without a permit first!

If you are going to need Certificates of Insurance you must first apply for a filming permit from the appropriate permit office. This should be the first thing you do once you receive notification from the Risk Management office that your project has been approved.

The most important thing to remember is that this is all going to take time. The permit offices will require several days to issue your permit and it will take a few days to get a Certificate of Insurance from the Risk Management office. Plan ahead and get started early!

Failure to get a filming permit (when shooting off campus) will render your LMU insurance null and void. That means if anything is lost, stolen, broken, or damaged - or if anyone gets hurt - you will be financially responsible for the expense. Intentional misinformation, script-changing or gross negligence will jeopardize future insurability. This decision will be made by SFTV and Risk Management through an appeals process.

You have two days after you wrap to submit your compliance paperwork to Risk Management. Compliance paperwork: copies of your Workers' Compensation forms, cast and crew sign in sheets, location releases, minor's permits, etc.

If you have any questions, please contact Veronica Hansen at vhansen@lmu.edu or 310.338.1829.