LMU OneCard Agreement
Terms and Conditions
- OneCard Use: The initial Loyola Marymount University (LMU) OneCard is provided at no cost. It is your Loyola Marymount University multi-purpose ID card. Your OneCard is required to enter campus facilities and events, obtain services, or to charge purchases to your OneCard account[s]. The card and your related account[s] are non-transferable except, as provided below. You are responsible for any use of your card. Misuse: Cards presented by anyone other than the proper holder of the card will be confiscated and returned to the CBS | OneCard Office and the incident may be referred to Judicial Affairs for disciplinary action. The card remains the property of Loyola Marymount University.
- Replacement OneCards: Replacement cards will be made in accordance with current policies and in most cases, the cardholder will be charged a replacement fee paid at the CBS | OneCard Office. The terms and conditions may be updated at any time without notice.
- Replacement Fees: $20.00 for Damaged Card, $20.00 for Lost/Stolen Card, and $20.00 for Lost Temporary Card.
- OneCards are "Smart Cards" with a proximity control data chip and filament wires inside the OneCard. Any damage to a OneCard will cause the chip to fail and render the OneCard nonfunctional. Any OneCard that has been cut, creased, magnetic stripe mutilated, punched or slotted will require replacement and the damaged OneCard fee will be assessed. Any OneCard that fails to function due to normal wear and tear [as judged by the One Card Office personnel] or with no obvious or visible damage may be replaced at no charge provided the OneCard is returned to the OneCard Office intact as the same time as new OneCard is obtained.
- Lost/Stolen cards can be suspended 7 days a week, 24 hours a day online at lmu.edu/OneCard selecting Report & Replace a Lost or Stolen Card or stopping by the CBS | OneCard Office in person during regular business hours. To reinstate your OneCard, the cardholder must bring the current card to the CBS | OneCard Office located in the Von der Ahe Building, Suite 030.
- The OneCard is not a credit card. Under no circumstances may debits or charges to an account reduce the account balance below zero. Under no circumstance may the OneCard be used to obtain cash or cash advances. Any credits due to refunds/returns shall be deposited into the account they were initially drawn from. Cardholder activity is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day online at lmu.edu/OneCard selecting Make a Deposit. In addition, cardholder log recalls are available upon request at the CBS | OneCard Office during normal working hours. Debit account value[s] will remain on the OneCard unless the student graduates or leaves the university, whereby that value[s] may be used to offset any outstanding balance owed on their LMU Student Account. Other accounts are subject to terms as described separately. If an account[s] goes to a negative balance, the value of the negative balance is subject to be transferred to their LMU Student Account. Faculty/Staff will be required to make an in-person deposit to cover the amount. If payment is not received within 5 [five] business days following notification, the user’s card will be suspended.
- The cardholder is responsible for all use prior to proper notification of a lost/stolen or fraudulent use of the OneCard. Individual liability will not exceed $50.00 in unauthorized charges if the OneCard is reported within 48 [forty-eight] hours. Liability will not exceed $500.00 in unauthorized charges for reports made within 60 [sixty] days. If notification of loss or fraud exceeds 60 [sixty] days, your OneCard liability for unauthorized charges shall be limited only to funds available in your account[s].
Closing Accounts: Refunds on debit account[s] with balances over $20.00 may be requested upon separation from the University. Students who graduate, withdraw or are dismissed from the University with value remaining in their Flexi account, provided they have no open balance on their Student Account, can submit an email to email@example.com noting their University ID Number and current mailing address. Faculty/Staff and Vendors/Visitors who separate from the University with a value of $20.00 or more remaining on their account [s], may request a refund check from the OneCard Office by email to noting their UID and mailing address.
Changes will become effective immediately as posted at lmu.edu/onecard.
Revised June 2019