LMU OneCard Agreement
Terms and Conditions
- OneCard Use: The initial Loyola Marymount University (LMU) OneCard is provided at no cost. It is your Loyola Marymount University multi-purpose ID card. Your OneCard is required to enter campus facilities and events, obtain services, or to charge purchases to your OneCard account[s]. The card and your related account[s] are non-transferable except, as provided below. You are responsible for any use of your card. Misuse: Cards presented by anyone other than the proper holder of the card will be confiscated and returned to the CBS | OneCard Office and the incident may be referred to Judicial Affairs for disciplinary action. The card remains the property of Loyola Marymount University.
- Replacement OneCards: Replacement cards will be made in accordance with current policies and in most cases, the cardholder will be charged a replacement fee paid at the CBS | OneCard Office. The terms and conditions may be updated at any time without notice.
- Replacement Fees: $20.00 for Damaged Card, $20.00 for Lost/Stolen Card, and $20.00 for Lost Temporary Card.
- OneCards are "Smart Cards" with a proximity control data chip and filament wires inside the OneCard. Any damage to a OneCard will cause the chip to fail and render the OneCard nonfunctional. Any OneCard that has been cut, creased, magnetic stripe mutilated, punched or slotted will require replacement and the damaged OneCard fee will be assessed. Any OneCard that fails to function due to normal wear and tear [as judged by the One Card Office personnel] or with no obvious or visible damage may be replaced at no charge provided the OneCard is returned to the OneCard Office intact as the same time as new OneCard is obtained.
- Lost/Stolen cards can be suspended 7 days a week, 24 hours a day online at lmu.edu/OneCard selecting Report & Replace a Lost or Stolen Card or stopping by the CBS | OneCard Office in person during regular business hours. To reinstate your OneCard, the cardholder must bring the current card to the CBS | OneCard Office located in the Von der Ahe Building, Suite 030.
- Temporary Cards: A Temp Card will suspend your misplaced OneCard, and will expire the following business day at 10 am. To reactivate or replace your OneCard, the Temp Card must be returned to the CBS | OneCard Office only, not to the Housing Area Office or Public Safety. Cards not returned will be charged $20 per lost card. Note that only the current Card Numberscan be reactivated.
- OneCard Accounts: By opening a OneCard account[s] you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions set forth in this and other related LMU agreements. Loyola Marymount University agrees to establish, accept and maintain an account[s] for your benefit and exclusively for the purpose described herein. Prepaid funds shall be applied against amounts charged to your OneCard account[s] for goods and services purchased by you at points-of-sale locations accepting payments through the use of the OneCard. Provided funds are available, there is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and charged to an account.
- The OneCard is not a credit card. Under no circumstances may debits or charges to an account reduce the account balance below zero. Under no circumstance may the OneCard be used to obtain cash or cash advances. Any credits due to refunds/returns shall be deposited into the account they were initially drawn from. Cardholder activity is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day online at lmu.edu/OneCard selecting Make a Deposit. In addition, cardholder log recalls are available upon request at the CBS | OneCard Office during normal working hours. Debit account value[s] will remain on the OneCard unless the student graduates or leaves the university, whereby that value[s] may be used to offset any outstanding balance owed on their LMU Student Account. Other accounts are subject to terms as described separately. If an account[s] goes to a negative balance, the value of the negative balance is subject to be transferred to their LMU Student Account. Faculty/Staff will be required to make an in-person deposit to cover the amount. If payment is not received within 5 [five] business days following notification, the user’s card will be suspended.
- Dispute Resolution: Contact the OneCard Office no later than 60 [sixty] days after a disputed transaction has occurred. An Account Dispute Form must be filed with the office within 10 [ten] days of your initial report. Reported disputes are investigated in conjunction with Public Safety. You will receive notification if additional investigation time is required. Under normal circumstances, investigations generally take 45 [forty-five] days. Copies of the documents used during the investigation will be provided upon written request.
- The cardholder is responsible for all use prior to proper notification of a lost/stolen or fraudulent use of the OneCard. Individual liability will not exceed $50.00 in unauthorized charges if the OneCard is reported within 48 [forty-eight] hours. Liability will not exceed $500.00 in unauthorized charges for reports made within 60 [sixty] days. If notification of loss or fraud exceeds 60 [sixty] days, your OneCard liability for unauthorized charges shall be limited only to funds available in your account[s].
- Closing Accounts: Refunds on debit account[s] with balances over $20.00 may be requested upon separation from the University. Students who graduate, withdraw or are dismissed from the University with value remaining in their Flexi account, provided they have no open balance on their Student Account, can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting their University ID Number and current mailing address. Faculty/Staff and Vendors/Visitors who separate from the University with a value of $20.00 or more remaining on their account [s], may request a refund check from the OneCard Office by email to noting their UID and mailing address.
- Inactive Accounts: Any debit account left inactive for one or more years following the end of the University's fiscal year, is subject to an annual administrative service charge and forfeiture to the University. A listing of inactive account forfeitures will remain on-file with Auxiliary Management and Business Services should a cardholder request a refund within the applicable statute of limitations.
- Returned Checks: There will be a $25.00 fee for any returned checks.
- Effective Date of Agreement: The terms and conditions of this agreement are effective immediately and are subject to change at any time.
Revised June 2019
Changes will become effective immediately as posted at lmu.edu/onecard.