Participation in Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is required by all students enrolled in seven (7) or more units. The accident portion is mandatory and may not be waived. However, the student health portion may be waived if you have comparable coverage. Proof of Comparable coverage must be submitted through the online waiver process each academic year by the enrollment deadlines.
The premium for the Plan will be automatically added to your tuition bill if you are enrolled in seven (7) or more units. If you have comparable coverage and wish to waive the student health coverage under the Plan, you must submit an Online Waiver Form.
Students enrolled in fewer than seven (7) units will not be automatically enrolled in the Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan, but may enroll in the Plan via the link below.
For additional information view the Aetna Student Health Brochure 20-21 [PDF]
Enrollment or waive deadline dates for academic year 2020/2021
Fall: October 2, 2020
Spring: February 5, 2021
- Go to aetnastudenthealth.com
- Find your school by selecting Loyola Marymount University/Loyola Law School
- Click on "Enroll/Waive" on the left side of the page
- Once on this page click on "Enroll/Waive" again, towards the bottom of the page
- Log in with the student ID # and birth date
- Click on "Get Started" and follow the appropriate steps
Once your waiver has been submitted please check your LMU Lion email account regularly to determine the status of your waiver.
To view more information regarding the insurance coverage, please visit aetnastudenthealth.com.