Electronic Statements (eStatements) are the official method of billing at Loyola Marymount University. All student billing statements are sent via email to the student's LMU email account. Parents or guardians who would like to receive an eStatement must be granted access as an Authorized User in the Student Account Center.
The student is responsible for monitoring his/her student account online through the Student Account Center, and accessing their LMU email account regularly to check for correspondence.
eStatements are generated once a month and are available after the 20th of each month. Notification of a new eStatement is sent to the students lion email account and/or authorized users designated email address. Current and past eStatements are available for view in the Student Account Center.
eStatements display the total balance due and will not display your monthly payment amount, as monthly payment plan amounts are subject to recalculation throughout the entire month.
Loyola Marymount University offers a variety of payment options for tuition, fees, room and board. Information regarding payment methods, payment plans, remitting payment, and payment policy are detailed below.
The Student Accounts Office accepts cash, checks, debit cards (in-person only), wire transfers and webcheck payments as valid forms of tender. Credit cards are not accepted.
Checks: The student account office accepts the following types of check payments:
- Personal Checks
- Cashier's Checks
- Money Orders
Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to Loyola Marymount University. Be sure to include the Student's University ID number, and for deposit payments: type of deposit (tuition, housing, and/or Flexi), on the check.
Checks may be remitted in person or via mail to the address provided below.
Electronic webcheck: Only a standard checking or savings account may be used when making electronic payments. The following accounts may not be used when making an electronic payment.
- 529 Plans
- Money Market Accounts
- Equity Lines of Credit
Returned Checks: Please note that any check or webcheck payment that returns as unpaid to the Student Accounts Office will result in a $35.00 returned check fee.
Post Dated Checks: Posted dated checks are not accepted by the Student Accounts Office. Any post dated check received may be returned or destroyed.
Domestic Wire Transfers: Please contact the Student Accounts office to obtain our wire transfer information.
Loyola Marymount University accepts international payments through our international payment portal, powered by Flywire. This portal allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates and track your payment online from start to finish.
- Execute, track, and confirm your international payment online.
- Choose local, familiar payment options including bank wire transfer, credit cards, e-wallet and more for most countries and territories.
- Access multilingual customer support via live-chat, email, phone and more.
- Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire's best price guarantee.
How to pay:
1. Go to lmu.flywire.com click the button above.
2. Select your country of origin and preferred payment method.
3. Enter your payment details and receive instructions on how to complete the payment process.
4. Track the progress of your payment anytime online. Receive email and text alerts each step of the way including when your payment reaches LMU.
Flywire Customer Support Information
No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you via live-chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
Payment Plan Options
Loyola Marymount University offers a variety a payment options for tuition, fees, room, and board. Please note, a student must be registered and assessed fees before enrolling in a payment plan. For a more accurate payment plan balance, we recommend but do not require, the student have all financial aid accepted and finalized. Students are responsible for payment of additional charges not budgeted on original payment plan.
- LMU students not covered by financial aid are required to make payment arrangements for each semester. Students must sign up for a payment plan via the Student Accounts Center by the set deadline.
- LMU students covered by partial financial aid are required to make payment arrangements for each semester. Students must sign up for a payment plan via the Student Accounts Center by the set deadline. The student is responsible for, and must ensure that they have completed the loan requirements. Students who have not completed their loan requirements are expected to make a payment by the payment deadline.
- LMU students covered in full by financial aid do not need to sign up for a payment plan; however, the student is responsible for, and must ensure that they have completed the loan requirements. Students who have not completed their loan requirements are expected to make a payment by the payment deadline.
Students must log in to PROWL to check the status of their financial aid.
Please allow a minimum of 24 hours after registering and/or accepting your aid before logging in to the Student Account Center to pay the balance due, or enroll in a payment plan.
LMU offers the following payment plan options:
Fall/Spring Payment Options
- Full Payment by Year:
- This payment plan is only available to Undergraduate students and only those Undergraduate students who would like to make one payment, in full, for the entire academic year including the fall and spring semesters. Payment in full must be received by the published payment deadlines .
- Full Payment by Semester:
- This payment plan is a semester plan open to all students, undergraduate and graduate, who would like to make one payment, in full, for the entire semester minus any incoming financial aid. Students enrolling in this plan will need to pay in full prior to the start of each term by the published payment deadlines .
- 5 Month - Automatic Checking Deduction:
- This payment plan is a semester plan open to all students, undergraduate and graduate, who would like to make five monthly payments via automatic deduction from a checking/savings account. Automatic deductions are required for this payment plan. This payment plan is subject to a setup up fee of $50.00 per semester, which will be charged once you enroll in the plan.
- 5 Month - Check Mailing:
- This payment plan is a semester plan option to all students, undergraduate and graduate, who would like make five monthly payments by mail, in-person at the Student Accounts Office, or online through the Student Account Center. This payment plan is subject to a setup up fee of $150.00 per semester, which will be charged once you enroll in the plan.
Summer Payment Options
- Payment plans are not available for Summer Session tuition and fees. Payment is due in full by the session deadlines listed below.
- Payment in full for Summer Session I is due by May 30th.
- Payment in full for Summer Session II is due by June 30th.
CAST, TFA, and PLACE students have mandatory payment plan options they must enroll in. Students should see their advisor or the Student Accounts Office for more information.
A tutorial on how to enroll in a payment plan is available here.
Please note that late enrollment in a payment plan will result in a late enrollment fee of $100. Please see our Important Dates & Deadlines page to find out when payments and payment arrangements must be made by for each term.
Payments may be remitted in-person, during regular business hours, by cash, check or debit card. Students are required to show identification, and authorized users will be verified, prior to discussing the student's account.
The Student Account Office is located in the Charles Von Der Ahe building, Suite 250 on the 2nd floor. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm.
After Hours Drop Slot
Non-cash payments, deposits, and forms submitted after regular office hours may be dropped off in the Drop Slot located outside the Student Financial Services Office.
If mailing in a payment, please allow at least five (5) business days for mail delivery. International, APO and FPO should allow a longer time for delivery.
Payments may be remitted via mail by check to:
Loyola Marymount University
Student Financial Services
Charles Von der Ahe Building
1 LMU Drive, Suite 250
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
Online Payment or Deposit
Payments and/or deposits can be made online through the Student Account Center.
Tuition Payment Policy
Tuition and fees for all students, including those whose tuition has been deferred, become an obligation in accordance with the provisions of the Drop/Refund Policy as explained in the University Catalog for the term in question. This financial obligation is between the student and the University. All bills/statements are sent to the student via email to their LMU email account. It is the student's responsibility to forward this bill/statement to a parent or other responsible party. Payment in full or payment plan enrollment is required by the deadline date each semester. Failure to make payments of any indebtedness to the University when due, including, but not limited to, tuition, deferred tuition, housing, student loans, lab and special fees, is considered sufficient cause, until debt is settled with the University, to:
- Bar the student from classes or examinations.
- Withhold diploma, scholastic certificate, or transcripts.
- Bar the student from University Housing.
- Suspend any and all University services and privileges.
- Suspend the student.
- Submit the account to a collection agency.
- Report the student debt as a delinquent account to a national credit bureau.
This policy will be equally enforced against debts discharged through bankruptcy. The University reserves the right to cancel classes, assess late settlement and/or late registration fees.
Security Interest in Student Records
A student may not receive a diploma, certificate, or transcript until all accounts, current or otherwise, have been settled in accordance with University and Agency requirements. Delinquent students will be prohibited from future registration until all balances are resolved to the University's satisfaction. Such documents and services will be retained by Loyola Marymount University as security for such obligations until they are satisfied.
If a student defaults on payment of a Federal Perkins Student Loan, Federal Family Educational Loan, Institutional Loan, or fails to satisfy exit interview requirements, a security interest in records and services will remain in effect until debts and requirements are satisfied. Exit interviews are administered through the Loan Office and Financial Aid
The monthly late fee is $100.00. An account is considered delinquent if the full payment or monthly amount due is not received and posted to your account by the payment due date listed on the statement. If you are mailing in a payment please allow at least five (5) days for mail delivery. International, APO and FPO should allow a longer time for delivery. Monthly payment plan accounts with two consecutive missed payments or two returned checks will be cancelled form the payment plan.
Returned Check Fee
$35.00 will be charged for all returned checks (mailed in or received electronically).
Our Privacy Notice
Keeping customer information secure is a top priority for Loyola Marymount University. We provide this privacy code to help you understand how we handle the personal information about you that we collect. The provisions of the notice will apply to former students as well as current students unless otherwise noted. We protect personal information we collect about you by maintaining physical and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable law. Third parties who have access to personal information must agree to follow appropriate standards of security and confidentiality. We train the staff that works for us on how to handle personal information properly, and we restrict access to it.